Do you ever feel that things sometimes don’t seem to go your way? I do. So here’s a rant of 10 things that I think life seems to enjoy annoying you with:
- When you finish an incredibly tasty yogurt and put the spoon back in the empty pot. Cue pot falling over and getting bits of yogurt that you swear you had eaten all over the surface. Then you have to get up and clean the yogurt up. Unnecessary effort that could have been avoided if the pot just behaved itself.
- When you are just drifting off to sleep after trying long and hard, and your body decides to have a sleep spaz, making you jump out of your skin and then have to try to sleep all over again.
- Wire coat hangers. The most annoying objects on the planet. All the other coat hangers can just sit in your wardrobe perfectly fine, but the wire ones decide to ruin everything and become tangled in all your clothes, making everything fall off the hangers. With me, this just results in a fit of rage and my clothes remaining in a pile on my wardrobe floor.
- You expect your iPod to shuffle songs in a random order – BUT IT DOESN’T. For some reason, mine picks the most annoying song that I never want to listen to (think Vengaboys or some obscure Christmas song) and plays it every time I choose shuffle!
- Washing a spoon, or another curved object, under a tap and it decides to spray water all over you because you put it in at the wrong angle.
- Those ‘captcha’ things that you have to type out every time you want to join or purchase something online. They are always really hard to read which results in me having to type it out 2 or 3 times, whilst losing all my information in the process.
- When you make a decent cup of tea that you are really looking forward to but it is far too hot. You burn your tongue so decide to wait for it to cool down, but forget about it until 2 hours later. Double loss.
- People in supermarkets. I don’t know why, but people think that they have to be social and nice to everyone when they are doing their weekly shopping. I do not appreciate old farts blocking up the whole aisle with their under-filled trolleys because they need to have a bowls conversation. Just move out of the way! And I also don’t understand why people have to tell their life stories to the checkout staff. No one cares how many pots of chutney you have made this week, I just want to get my shopping and leave.
- When you don’t have the knickers you want to wear that day in your drawer, when you specifically need them for a certain outfit. Then you have to change your whole plan because you don’t have them.And don’t even get me started on non-matching underwear. For me, this is a personal bug. I have to wear matching underwear every day. You know that nasty dirty feeling you get when you are hungover? That’s what I feel like when I don’t have matching underwear. I don’t know why I’m in the minority on this one – if you wear matching clothes, why not underwear?!
- You’re sure it’s nearly lunch time, and you look at the clock to discover that it’s only 10.45. All morning, your only thoughts will be about lunch, when to have it, what time it is now, and what you are going to eat.