This is a first for me, I’m not really a cooking expert, but I thought I’d share this with you seeing as I basically live off it. It’s my easy-peasy thai green curry:
Ok, I know what you’re thinking – it looks like crap. But a) my phone camera is awful, and b) I’m not a bloody masterchef – I don’t really think about presenting my food. Putting this on the blog was an after-thought. However it does taste delicious, so please have some faith in me. Also, it’s clearly not very green – I’m sorry but I have no explanation for that.
So here’s what you need:
- Chicken – enough for however many people are eating it.
- 1 or 2 tsp Thai green curry paste – I use this one.
- Onion, chopped – However much you fancy really.
- Stir-fry Vegetables – You can put anything you want in it really though.
- Philadelpia light cheese – 120g for 4 people. Divide as applicable.
- 4tbsp milk – Again, divide as applicable.
- Noodles or rice – I prefer it with noodles, but it’s just as nice with rice.
(As you can tell, I’m not really one for measuring. I normally just put a rough amount of everything in. It depends on how hungry you are!)
And here’s how you do it:
- Heat a large, non-stick pan and add the chicken, curry paste and onion.
- Fry for 6-8 minutes, or until the chicken is totally cooked.
- Add the stir-fry veg for 2-3 minutes until cooked.
- Add the Philadelphia and milk and stir until melted.
- Serve with noodles or rice.
That’s it. It’s so easy! You can see why it is basically the staple of my diet. ALSO, be careful with the curry paste, some are hotter than others. Either way, your sinuses will certainly be cleared after you’ve eaten it!
Each serving (without rice or noodles) is roughly 300 calories, so it’s not unhealthy either!
I might not be super-chef of the world, but please take my word for it. This tastes fantastic.