I LOST ANOTHER 1LB THIS WEEK! That’s 4lbs in two weeks. I’m very happy with myself, especially seeing as I had a major binge on saturday involving pizza, KFC, cookies – the whole works. All that hard work at the gym definitely paid off. Unfortunately, I’ve been getting major pains in my shins again, so that writes me off the treadmill for a little while. Doesn’t mean I can’t use other machines though!
Anyway, here are 10 foods that I couldn’t live without on my diet:
- Fat-free yoghurts: These are my addiction! Luckily, I can eat as many as I want, so they are always a useful snack to have in the fridge.
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders: These are the shit. They are basically little bits of 100% chicken breast, meaning they are full of yummy protein and perfectly fine to eat! Only the roast flavoured ones though – the others have loads of not-so-good flavourings on them.
- Pepsi Max: Ok, it’s not a food, but it’s still amazing! It helps to curb my hunger and has no sugar in it. When it’s not on special offer, regular diet cola will do.
- Stir-fried vegetables: are amazing. Especially with lots of soy sauce. Now I am eating a lot healthier I start to crave them. They basically go with every meal.
- Oranges: The master of all fruits. They might not be as filling and nutritious as bananas, but they taste a whole lot better.
- Baked beans: You can have them with anything! Toast, jacket potatoes, even straight out of the tin with a spoon.
- Porridge: I have come to the conclusion that this is the best breakfast ever. It always keeps me filled up and starts me off feeling fab. Flavoured porridge > normal porridge.
- Super low fat noodles: Only the super low fat ones. You are comitting diet suicide if you think you can eat the regular ones all the time. Luckily, the low fat ones I can eat as many as I like. An incredibly decent snack when you have the 3pm munchies.
- Pickled onions:Or eggs. Any kind of pickled food. I looove them! Unfortunately, they aren’t so good if you are planning to go out on the town that night.
- Mug shots: So easy and quick, and a lot more filling than any cuppa soup. AND the whole range has less than 3% fat. Just don’t get the creamy ones.
All of these are great things to eat if you are trying to lose some weight or make your diet a bit healthier.
Here’s a list of 5 things that you would NOT give me if you had any care for my health and wellbeing, and if you didn’t want a punch in the face:
- Cake: It’s fantastically amazing and makes me incredibly happy. But then incredibly sad about an hour later.
- Chocolate digestives: My biggest weakness. I have been known to demolish a whole packet in about 10 minutes.
- Pizza Hut buffet: Never take me there. Or any kind of buffet for that matter. ‘All you can eat’ means you have to eat as much as you physically can – I see it as a challenge.
- Pringles: Once you pop, you can’t stop.
- Sweets: Any kind really, but especially fizzy ones.